Monday, June 25, 2007

Vacation Day One

So, I had my first half day off for vacation today and so far the highlight of the day was my new temporary crown on tooth number 19 and the field mouse in my house

Went into work for a couple of hours, came home and decided to knit and watch television. Rosie isn't going to replace Bob Barker on the Price is Right. Paris Hilton's trash is for sale on ebay and there is a media frenzy expected when she gets liberated tomorrow or is she out as I write this? And didn't we already liberate Paris once before from that pesky Hitler? I just hope this doesn't put a damper on dinner at JJ's and knit night at Palermo's tomorrow. I had enough of the paparazzi at the Summer Solstice party. Oh and some lawyer thinks his pants are worth 54 million.

I was completely engrossed (apparently being on vacation lowers your IQ) and the phone rang and I was late for my dental appointment. Yippeeee

Came home and there was a mouse in the house. He scampered under the dishwasher and later tonight he was cornered by one Jack Russell and two cats and that little mouse stood his ground. I tried to get John to watch, I mean it was like National Fucking Geographic right in our living room, but he can't handle violence and was relieved to know that the mouse made it safely under the couch. The pets soon tired and either I'll find it dead in my bed tomorrow ala Revenge of the Godfathers Pets or he makes it out the doggie door.

Egad I have two more weeks of this. I think I'll give alcoholism a try. Did you know that housework makes a martini fun? No, that's not right.

4 comments:

Elisa said...

Hooray for vacations! Relax. Enjoy!

I'll take your mouse and raise you one baby possum. Kid's buddies left the back door open and I had a visitor in my craft room. Fortunately, possums don't eat wool. Unfortunately, they crap a lot. And they can really climb. The little sh** got on top of the curtains and let loose. Big sh** from ceiling to floor. Among other places. He's gone now (unharmed) but the, um, memory remains.

Becky said...

It appears that my animals have gone Kevorkian on me as it was obviously an assisted suicide.

The little guy was "hooves up" this morning.

I'm just thankful it wasn't a possum. Egad!

Beatriz said...

Just a smottle can make the housework more fun. Vacation is so nice...I know I'm going to enjoy retirement.

Becky said...

Okay what the hell is a smottle?