Sunday, November 04, 2007

Subdued Adventures

This weekend Sandy, Lisa and I attended the "Harvest Artwalk" in Ventura where my co-worker, David Rivas, was the featured artist.


It was lots of fun, but David is going to be in big trouble. He held his exhibit at Fox Fine Jewelry. I bought some lovely Amber earrings and signed up for their mailing list and Lisa and Sandy started wish lists. They have a great selection of martini glasses that I might put on my wish list and I think Lisa said they have some kind of "Ladies Night".

Oh, and they carry Mary Frances PURSES!


But I digress! It was great to see David as the featured artist and he was kind and gracious to my knitster sisters. Sandy even got a hug.

Parking in Ventura is an adventure in itself. After cruising numerous packed parking lots and debating whether to risk a tow away zone Sandy spotted a car that looked like it was leaving in a two hour zone. We waited for them to leave and as soon as we were parked I spotted a vacancy in the "all day zone". So I ran across the street and stood in it until Sandy got her car their.

There was a homeless guy with the biggest water head I had ever seen until we got closer and I realized he just had dread locks tucked into a beanie. Bummer.


We saw One World Drummers and Sandy got me bubbles and a pencil for Eli.





I'll leave you with a picture David took of the 50 Hammer crew where we work. He won first prize for photo journalism for this one. I bought a print and had the whole crew sign it.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that is a good picture.

It's amazing how some industries just have not changed. If you've ever seen a blast furnace in operation, you'll know what I mean when I say, it looks like a picture taken during the 19th century!

Beatriz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beatriz said...

This is the jewelry place next to Jonathan's, right? I just got an invitation from them. Maybe it was for the Harvest Artwalk. I came so close to buying a chocolate Tahitian pendant from them. It was perfect in roundness and size..about 12mm. It was calling my name for weeks!

Becky said...

Beatriz: when the universe calls, you gotta answer.

Marc: I know it does look somewhat primitive, but I think it is cool we are involved with a craft such as this.

FYI My boss, Marc, among other things, is our Metallurgist. Marc through the wonders of science and math, figures out what temperature to forge the parts at and a bunch of other stuff I can't spell.

Frank Zappa's Dad was a metallurgist.

Willow said...

Sounds like another interesting weekend.
It looks like I am going to miss knitting again tomorrow night. Bummer! Our neighbors invited us for tea at 6:30 and I think we should go.

Willow said...

And a week later, I'm writing to say, I am still fighting this cold and need to stay in and get well. Have fun at knitting!