Tuesday, November 14, 2006

An Update from Elmo

Elmo called tonight and he wanted me to give the ladies in my "knitting circle" a big hello and a man hug for John.

He's in good spirits considering he's on another lockdown. This one is for the Norovirus outbreak in the prison. So, with the overcrowding and less than adequate plumbing, it's not a pretty picture. But he was upbeat because he got a letter from Heather and he was happy to hear that all the ladies carry a picture of him in their wallet. That just blew him away and really meant a lot to him, Julie.

The Prison Guard's contract has not yet been renewed, but here's some info for all you tax payers on where your money goes. Oh, and don't get me started on what we pay to guard the comatose. Unfucking believable. Sorry Marc.

Thanks again to the ladies for helping to keep Elmo sane. Oh, and man hugs to John whatever that might be.

Oh Oh Oh and I got a plate from my boss from Italy. It's a pasta plate and is presently holding candy on my desk at work, but I will post a picture soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know in the end, it might be cheaper, in the long run, to pay those guards all that overtime, than hiring additional guards, and then having to provide them with health care and pensions.

And that just goes to show you, prisoners get better health care than a lot of law abiding citizens.

If my hands weren't itching so bad, I might write more, but I have to scratch. You know what they say, scratching an itch may even be better than sex, and there's no doubt it's safer.

Becky said...

I didn't mentio the Elmo doll, blond moment. That would be cool to take pictures and send them to her. We can also hold up pieces of paper wtih writing and tell her we miss her, etc. and post them or mail them.