Saturday, December 09, 2006

New Magnet For The Holidays



I bought myself a new magnet for my refrigerator collection for the holidays.
I think he's very festive and the statement is quite profound. As your all know fuck is my favorite word. fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucKKKKKK
You gotta emphasize on the f's and then the hard K at the end. When pronounced correctly, it's a beautiful thing.

And speaking of fucked. It is now time to write to the Parole Board on Elmo's behalf which I did yesterday and will mail next week.. It's due by December 18th so I'm going to post it and any input would be greatly appreciated. He goes before a panel of three appointed ex law enforcement personnel ( unbiased, I'm sure) As Elmo stated in his letter to me, "never mind that the Deputy District Attorney came to my first parole hearing admitting he still had doubts, never mind that in 1984 I was granted a Parole date at my first hearing, nevermind that my parole date was subsequently rescinded," altogether now FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK
"Please know that I am doing well." Donald Gardner, the Deputy District Attorney that put Elmo in jail, told me personally that he would not retire until he saw Elmo free. He has since retired. Okay, so the following is my letter. I get emotional so I need unbiased opinions.

December 8, 2006

Chairperson, Board of Parole Hearings
Post Office Box 4036
Sacramento, CA 95812-4036

Regarding: Elmo Chattman C-05575
Post Recision #9
CSP-Solano

To Whom It May Concern:


I am writing to the Board on behalf of my friend Elmo Chattman in hopes that you will give him a parole date as he has been in prison for over 28 years. Elmo and I have been friends for well over 30 years. We have corresponded while he has been in prison, spoke over the phone numerous times and I have visited him once.

I would not have remained friends with Elmo all these years if I did not believed that he would be a law-abiding citizen upon his release. And I cannot stress enough that the time Elmo has spent in prison is far too long for aiding and abetting his brother who killed a man in his presence 28 years ago.

I know that Elmo has a job waiting for him upon his release in the Marin County area and he also has been offered housing by Polly Walton.

However, if he needs to be released to Ventura County first, my husband and I who are homeowners have offered Elmo a place to stay. We are also both gainfully employed. I have worked in the Aerospace Industry for over 18 years and my husband has been abricklayer for 29 years. My husband has made many contacts in the constructions industry over the years, and with Elmo’s skills as a cabinetmaker, finding Elmo employment should not be difficult. We also have an extra truck that is available for Elmo to use.

Elmo has made improvements in his life while being incarcerated by earning a B.A in Journalism and his goal is to continue his education in Journalism at UC Berkeley to earn his Masters upon his release.

Putting all emotion aside, I feel compelled as a taxpayer in the State of California to voice my concerns of the economic burden placed upon myself by housing an inmate who has the ability and resources to contribute to society in a law abiding manner.

I understand that releasing an inmate is an important decision to make. I thank you for your time and consideration in this matter and I trust that you will weigh all the facts before you and look upon Elmo as a human being worthy of release.

Respectfully,

Rebecca
Quality Control Manager (should I put my job title?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesus...here we go again (Can I put that in my letter) I've lost track of how many letters over the years. Elmo told me that letters are viewed by a political intern and if the intern feels the letters merit a closer look they go up the perverbial political ladder. I can only imagine how I would feel if the beginning of my long bumpy road to freedom was in the hands of a pimply faced Republican with clipboard syndrome. 'What the fuck' (Can I out that in my letter)

Anonymous said...

You might just want to add that Elmo is truly remorseful for the crime that was committed, and that he will work diligently within the community to ensure others don't follow down the same path as himself.

Becky said...

thanks for the input everybody. I hope my letter makes it passes the pimply faced Republican that Monica mentioned. That explains why mine wasn't there last hearing.

Cheryl said...

Magnet is cute and the letter is well written. If it's not too late, I believe your title is not needed when you are speaking about him on behalf of a personal perspective and not by business. Seems like the parole office is a weeny and needs to stuff his balls for this next hearing.

Becky said...

I love Cafe Press. I just bought my step son a shirt that says "Shut the Fuck up Donny" from the Big Libowski and I got a new magnet that says "is this your homework Larry?"
The Dude Abides