Thursday, December 21, 2006

Winter Solstice


I hope everyone had a happy Winter Solstice. I know I did. I spent the evening with friends and I have learned that no matter what gets thrown your way, you can pretty much fix anything with a good laugh among friends.

Then I came home to an empty house (my favorite) and I built my shrine, lit some candles, and reflected for awhile.


I had my grandson last night and my youngest son Jacob came to visit. Eli and Uncle Jacob decorated the tree and there is no greater joy than to witness a tradition, that in turn creates a precious memory, being handed down. Uncle Jacob taught Eli how to trim a tree and Eli taught Uncle Jacob patience and that you CAN have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without the peanut butter.

Then John came home and the hell hounds descended upon me demanding red vines. Our dogs favorite bedtime snack.















I hope you all have a happy holiday and may the new year bring us all good health, many blessings and precious memories

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great pictures...sorry I missed John's lasagna (was it on Winter Solstice night?). Hope you are enjoying Texas; dadgummit!

Becky said...

I'm having fun in Texas and they even had tornado up the road a ways.

The thunder storm was very impressive.