Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Randon Rantings

So, it is now day 3,496 that I have been held captive by my Central Park Hoodie. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but it sure seems like it. Not only did I screw up on the cables on the front panels the first time, but the second round I neglected to change my needle from a 6 to 8 after I ripped it out again. So, I have now ripped it out for a third time and we will just see what blond moment I have next. I'm not even going to jinx it by showing a progress pictures.

But I will share the lovely yarn that arrived today. It is called Sea Silk and it is just beautiful and they sent the nicest card along with it. I bought it online at Knit-Purl I have no idea what I will knit yet, most likely a shawl, but it is so soft.

I was pleasantly surprised to have Jacob "fruit of my looms" stay the night and his pets sure were ever so glad to see him again. Both pets use to sleep with him when he lived at home. So, to get you up to speed, he's no longer working in the meat department in the Valley. He is now an apprentice in the Carpenter's Union and he's working at the Oaks. So it's closer from here than the valley to drive. And I happen to have stuff to make sandwiches in my refrigerator. (See this is why every time they move out I fill a room with yarn)

This kid changes jobs like I buy yarn. I can't keep up with him anymore. Oh to be young and adventurous again. Wait! I was adventurous last Friday when Sandy, Sophia and I and went to Adventures for Kids and we each got a copy of the new Harry Potter book.

It sure was great to be in an independent book store again.

Okay, Miss Sophia, I updated my blog. Tag, you're it!

8 comments:

Laura said...

i do so love it when you update.

i try to update as much as possible to prompt your guys' updating. sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

are you still fond of your sidekick my dear?

Becky said...

I just used it last night to look up Jerry Fallwell, of all people, but I do forget to charge it half the time.

Jessica said...

Are you done with the Potter book yet?

I finished and I've been dreaming about it.

Becky said...

No, I haven't started it yet.

I'm still reading The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman. It's part of his Dark Materials.

So, if you're dreaming about it I imagine it's pretty good.

Anonymous said...

So I thought Jacob graduated from Surgical Tech school. So what is he doing working as a carpenters apprentice?

Or am I confusing him with someone else.

Oh BTW, I got you some Oregon only knitting stuff.

Becky said...

He did graduate as a surgical tech and he has to take the state test. He has to wait four to six weeks after submitting his application to take the test so he got a better paying job in the mean time.

You got me yarn? I'm so excited!!!!

Beatriz said...

I missed knitting night again! Hope your third time with the CPH is a charm, Becky. One good thing this week, though...a chile verde burrito from TDM. I love doctor's appts when they're in Oxnard!

Becky said...

I had TDM twice this week. Isn't it the best? I'm almost finished with the two front panels. Whew! then it's on to the sleeves and hood, etc.

We missed you too!