Friday, August 18, 2006

Santa Monica Fiber Show

Terry and I went to the Fiber Show today. Praises be to Beatriz for sharing about this wonderful event and may the Goddess of Socks bring her many blessings.

I got this really cool shawl pin from Cat's and Cobwebs made out of copper, brass and enamel. And they had the coolest vintage jewelry. And Sandy, they had beads, and buttons galore.

And they were the nicest people there. We saw women weaving and I feel a new addiction coming on. And we saw Alpaca's! There was a chocolate one and a brown one and a beige one and they were the cutest things.






I bought some really cool sock yarn's and then we went to Wild Fiber and I bought more sock yarn.

The one on the far right is Petrified Wood by Socks that Rock.

So I made a little shrine out of my new Koigu (because Koigu is my new religion) as an offering to please the Goddess of Socks. I will attempt these on my new Bryson needles. The are "bendy" which is very cool.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so bummed that I missed the baby alpacas:( Thank you, thank you, thank you for my beautiful sock yarn. I can't stop touching it. Your socks do rock and so does your latest shawl undertaking. Can't wait to see it's progress.

Becky said...

Yeah, Sandy posted.

Beatriz said...

Wow...you got a post from Sandy. I really dig the sock shrine. I'm going back to Santa Monica to Wild Fiber...the only place we stopped to look at after the show was Yarns Unlimited and they're closed on Sundays! And still no Koigu. Did you see the socks I made with Socks that Rock? The colorway is Lapis, and they got third place at the Fair.

Becky said...

Yes, I feel so special.

No I didn't see your socks. You should bring them Thursday so I can see them. :-)

Jessica said...

I want to hear all about Socks that Rock.

And I'm jealous that you saw alpacas. I want one bad.

Becky said...

The yarn is realy cool and when you get back you HAVE to go to Wild Fiber.

They have a wall of Koigu. It's like a shrine.

I will post a picture and Beatriz won third place with her Socks that Rock at the county fair.