Saturday, March 03, 2007

Nothing New to Report

I went to post as it's been so long since I last had anything to report and I had to take a tour on the new blogger system. Nothing stays the same which annoys me sometimes.

Have had a good weekend so far. Went to see an Art Exhibit in Ventura. The Red Brick Gallery which features David Rivas a co-worker of mine. Vicky is in town from Texas and I was struck with the conundrum "what do you do with an out-of-town visitor who lived here for 20 years?" So, we had dinner at Landmark 78, walked over to Main Street and looked at art. Then had coffee at Palermo's and I had to keep dragging John out of the street as he couldn't get over the Full Moon which is the Lenten moon this month and is considered the last full moon of winter. So, hurray for that. We window shopped and showed her the Erle Stanley Gardner Building which was the birthplace of Perry Mason. She had never seen any of these places so it was very cool to be tour guides.

I just finished reading "Lover of Unreason" a fascinating story and have just started "American Shaolin" I'll keep you posted on that one.

My back pain is starting up again so I'm taking a different route this time. I've ordered herbs and vitamins to try and help with the inflammation as the epidurals are not helping and only mask the pain which has the potential for me to further harm myself. I am also going to look into alternatives such as chiroporactors, accupuncture, reiki , etc.

Tomorrow I am going to attempt to teach my stepson's roommate how to knit and then clean up the yarn room in preparation for Heathers' yarn swap next weekend.

The weekend is not even over yet and I'm already planning for the next one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's about time, even if there is nothing to report.

I was about to give up on you.

You should know my thoughts on alternative treatments, despite the fact I drink lots of green tea, but I will give you one piece of advice I feel even more strongly about,

DON'T GO TO A CHIROPRACTOR!

Christina said...

I have a friend who had wonderful success with accupuncture - just FYI. Also, check out phitonusa.com my sister swears by it.

Just some ideas to help you out, I know back pain is frustrating, good luck with your alternative options!

Christina said...

oops correction! phitenusa.com not phiton

Anonymous said...

I second what Mark says about chiropractors. More details when you want 'em. Reiki on the other hand ... ldp

Matthew Polly said...

I hope your back is feeling better. But I'm waiting with bated breath. How did you like my book? Don't torture me like this :)

Best,
Matthew Polly
author of "American Shaolin"
www.mattpolly.com