Sunday, July 23, 2006

Felting Fever

I've been thrift store shopping with Terry and Sandy and I have a new addiction. Lucky me! I've been buying up all the 100% wool sweaters I can find, felting them and either making purses or cutting squares (and myself) for an afghan. I got the idea from
  • Alterknits

  • Well that's no entirely correct. I got the idea from Terry after she read about it in Alterknits. She actually reads this stuff, people! Whereas I've been more like a man with a Penthouse and I drool over the pictures while fantasizing about what I'd do with that yarn. Yeah, baby.

    So my friend Monica in Minnesota sent me this doohickey made from an old whiskey barrel. I put it in my yarn room right away.













    In return I'm sending her this purse made from a thrift store sweater. I still have to put the pocket on though.














    And I made anther one to stash my grandson Eli's toys in. He always leaves them on the floor and invariable somebody eats them.

    2 comments:

    Beatriz said...

    Yes I have a TO DO list...there's always something on it! Pet vaccinations, partial grocery list, patterns I want to make next, the odometer readings before the tires next rotating again, blah, blah, blah. It's not as organized as it sounds. See you soon. Your posts are great, btw. I really like those shelves. Maybe I can put that on the HONEY DO LIST.

    Anonymous said...

    The whiskey barrel thing is cool. The purses turned out great. I love the blue striped one!