Monday, July 17, 2006

Home Improvements



So I went out Sunday to Cheryl's for a bbq with the girls and we all had a wondeful time. So when I got home John surprised me with some more home improvements.

He made me another bookcase for my reading room. I already have two in the works, one on either side of the fireplace he designed to match the travertine pattern on the floor. He still has to stain it and he's going to add shelves, but I thought it was ingenious that he made it at an angle so the far shelves will be for knick knacks. He's so smart.















He already did a great job on my yarn room. Hand made shelves for my yarn and books and he did all the molding himself so it has a craftsman look to it.


So now I can't wait for when it's cold and rainy outside and I can have the girls over and we can knit by the fire or have a slumber party!











5 comments:

Christina said...

WOW! thats beautiful, and awfully sweet of your husband.

I have missed seeing you guys - I have been training for my promotion at Peets (or PCAT ;-)) and so I have been closing a lot...as I will be this Thursday. I hope to be back in Knitting world the following week

Beatriz said...

Your husband is so talented. Wow...I love the yarn room!

Anonymous said...

So when can John come and reorganize my garage?

Becky said...

Beatriz, thank you. I love it.

Marc, I don't know. What's the temperature in Long Beach?

Anonymous said...

Just looking at your yarn room brings me peace.