Saturday, July 29, 2006

I wish I Could Sleep Like That



We had our grandson last night and we went to the movies (The Ant Bully) and then to Denny's for dinner. When we got home Eli wanted a story (Tarzan, again) and then I introduced him to "Where The Sidewalk Ends" by Shel Silverstein which promptly put him to sleep. I'm keeping that one on the nightstand.

I got up to let the cat out and had lost my place in the bed and I caught Hank on film being nice to Eli, sleeping at his feet. John doesn't know his backside is on my blog so don't tell.

When I have Eli with me my mantra is to create good memories for him. For in the end that is all we have after someone is gone. Memories and pictures. I don't know if at his age he'll remember these days, but since his daddy does I'm sure he will as well. This morning we played with Ninja turtles until Dad came and he looked so happy. Dad's taking him hiking with the big boys.













And the mantra of good memories continues for another generation

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Eli is so expressive. Those are great pics.

The memory thing is a big one. It is what we have and if they're not good there isn't much worth holding on to.

Christina said...

That is the mantra that my wonderful grandma had. After she passed away this winter, I found myself eternally grateful for it.

She made my memories wonderful, and I know you will do the same for your beautiful family!

Jessica said...

Is anyone knitting Tuesday night?