Sunday, April 22, 2007

Family Time

Took the boys to dinner at Olas. Sean (that's him in the hat) had three days of liberty from San Clemente Island. Jacob and Sean haven't seen each other in six months, so naturally as brothers they had to catch up on important issues. Jacob just completed school. Sean is now going to be an Instructor at the Hueneme base. Strangely these events were not discussed.

This is how their dinner conversation went and you have to picture the conversation was going on behind napkins so I couldn't hear the content" Sean to Jacob "So, you seeing anyone?" Jacob to Sean, "Yeah". Sean to Jacob,"what's her body like?" Jacob to Sean, She has pretty big B*&^s, not the kind that hang, though." Sean to Jacob, "You wearing a raincoat, right?" At this point I interjected, "I can HEAR you. My little Einsteins! I can't believe they actually thought I could not hear them across the table because they used NAPKINS. Is what the United States Navy teaches him?

In the presence of the enemy, AKA your mother, to muffle your conversation always use a napkin. She will be so pleased at your display of manners it will render her deaf.

So, I hosed the boys off and we all went to the new Camarillo Library where Eli got his first library card. He picked out The House at Pooh corner for is first book to check out.

But I have the sneaky suspicion that Eli is going to grow up and talk behind napkins.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a little cutie! Boys will be boys, but worse yet....boys will be men!

Becky said...

He is a cutie, but what a little ham.

Cheryl said...

At least they weren't talking behind raincoats. What a visual!