Friday, April 13, 2007

What a Glorious Day!

I took mother to the eye doctor to have her eyes checked after cataract surgery and she's fine. And then she had another MRI while I watched the Daily Show on my iPod. I LOVE that thing.

Thankfully her fall wasn't due to another stroke, but is most likely due to nerve damage which is no big deal compared with another stroke. Mother is convinced that Nerve Conduction Tests are bogus and the doctor is probably behind on his alimony payments.

And my niece who has been MIA for about ten years called my mom. She had travelled to foreign countries, sings with a band, has two dogs, scuplts, writes, lives in Berkley and has MEDICAL INSURANCE. If I hadn't heard from someone in 10 years that would definitely be on my list of questions. Mother doesn't remember the name of the band, but now she is interested in Punk music. Granted if I hadn't called in ten DAYS she'd say "Becky who?" and then hang up, but we're talking grandchild, here and I'm so glad she's back in touch.

It was so great to see mother so excited. She's been a might cranky with her ailments this year and she caught me driving with one hand for about three seconds today. So, there was a scolding involved. Luckily, I got my allowance yesterday. We are up to 6,128 miles on that Saturn, btw.

So I went to Barnes and Noble and bought myself Einstein His Life and Universe which I saw on the Daily Show and The Lost. Then I went to Salzers and bought Tommy James and the Shondells and the cutest new knitting bag that refuses to be photographed that says "Women Rock". Ironically, I was waited on at Salzer's by the new girl who came to knit last night. What a small world!

The youngest Fruit of my Looms, Jacob, completed his Surgical Technician schooling. So, if he doesn't make it as a rock star he'll have that to fall back on. The poor kid actually asked me if I could help him write a resume. I've had the same job for twenty years! Not being politically correct is my favorite pasttime at work. Well, that and sexually harrasing the men. Any suggestions? April? Anyone?

John put in a stool for me to sit on while I wind. I bought a wool sweater at the Thrift store, felted it and used it for the cusion. Here's John modeling the chair with his lovely assistant Hank the Tank.

Then John finally hung up the reindeer pelt we bought at the Scandanavian Festival two years ago. Just in time for another one, I might add. It's this month at Cal Lutheran University.

Not bad for a Friday the 13th.

2 comments:

April said...

I basically copied the format for my husband's resume - listed school first, then each job starting with the most recent. Under the job title, dates, etc. I listed a few key accomplishments or duties. Be sure its only one page..Does that help?

Becky said...

Yes, thank you.