Sunday, April 01, 2007

Is It Monday Yet?

I can't believe I just said that, but I''m exhausted and I need to get back to work so I can get some rest.

Saturday, Sandy, Marty, Paris and I went to the opening of the Camarillo Library and it was a blast. There were pirates, cookies, a sunken ship, cookies, women dressed up as female authors and cookies! I used one of the fifty new computers to sign up for a Camarillo Library Card. I still have my Oxnard one, though. There were a number of Children's author's there performing book signings. So, I bought a few for some special little ones.

Then I came home and had a brain storm. I decided to alphabetize all 292 DVD's and place them into albums so I could utilize the book shelves for books. I went to Best Buy and bought Case Logic binders and I freed up six shelves and John about had a fit when he came home. But I'm running out of book space. I have six book cases and they are bursting at the seams. I am an admited bibliophile and he knew that when he married me. So, I don't want to hear any whinning!

Then I wound sock yarn until late at night and placed it in the CD tower that I don't need now that I have an iPod. The blue yarn on the very top was a gift from Sandy.










Today I went to Ikia with Sandy, Marty and Paris for the first time. I got a French press and this cool sheepskin rug for Hank to sleep on. Oh, and I managed to finished one sock out of Jitterbug which I was very excited to use until I found a knot it in. I hate that! There should be no knots in yarn. I think I 'll start a coalition.

Luckily, Beatriz was there that night and advised me on how to weave in the ends.

So, as you can see I've had a busy weekend and I need a nap.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The yarn looks beautiful on display like that! And I will join you in that coalition! I'll admit to have fallen head over heels for the Jitterbug yarn, but I'm so sad they have a knot problem. I spotted 2 skeins at Anacapa with knots!

Becky said...

Knitters Against Knots Unite!

Don't Unravel Our Rights!

Beatriz said...

That's it...I'm getting rid of all our old CDs to make room for the sock yarn! That display is just stunning. Speaking of knots, I'm so pleasantly surprised with the mill ends and closeout Cotton Fleece from Sheep Shed Studio. Only one knot in six skeins. Loved it.