Friday, April 27, 2007

The Horror!

Went to Palermo's to knit with Sandy and Terry today and I was so excited because I was this close to start on the neck portion of my sweater when Terry pointed out my cables looked funny.










I can't believe I missed whole sections like that. And I can't believe as many times as I have measured the front I never noticed. (Please submit blonde joke here)

I'm just so glad Terry was there to show me how to rip it out and that Sandy was there for moral support. Lois even helped long distance. I didn't have my book with me and I drove home and couldn't find it, but I did grab Infidel for Terry to borrow and Lois was kind enough to tell me how to decrease AGAIN! Oh well, live and learn.

Then we went to JJ Brewsky's for lunch. I had the kobe burger with bleu cheese and it was delicious. And so were Sandy's french fries.

Sandy headed off for a hair appointment and Terry and I walked off our lunch by window shopping at a few local antique shops and then we looked at tile












Isn't that a pretty sight? John is going to put up two temporary false walls and tear down the weight bearing wall (egad) and replace it with a beam so the room is bigger. How we went from laying tile to tearing down walls, I really have no idea.

I just hope he's a better carpenter than I am a knitter.

5 comments:

Elisa said...

Oh, no! So sorry you had to rip it back. Is that the same knitting you had with you on Thursday? It was so pretty.

I love window shopping at that tile store. Have you been to the one in Ventura on Market St? It's next door to DMV, just down the street from Lois's (my, how convenient!) I can't remember the name, but they have some of the nicest tile I've ever seen. Good luck with the remodeling!

Becky said...

Yeah, that's the same sweater I was knitting on Thursday. And I don't know how I missed that error.

I haven't been to the tile store in Ventura, but I will be sure to check it out now.

Patricia ATP said...

Oh Becky, your sweater is so georgeous too! I know that you will get it perfect though! By the way, I just started my own blog (you are an inspiration!)...it is www.patriciaatp.blogspot.com

See you Thursday!

April said...

Hey - the first thing I learned at our LYS was that real knitters rip out and redo, so no worries - can't wait to see it in person and p.s. I'm finally bringing you that pattern you asked for!

Beatriz said...

It's going to be beautiful, though. And it's in your favorite color. Rip away!