Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Luna-Tic

Tomorrow's full moon is the Flower Moon and I certainly have an abundance of flowers in bloom, so I think the name is quite appropriate.

I love the full moon and not just because lunatic and loony are derivatives of luna. You just have to admire something that has the ability to cause gravitational pulls on large bodies of water.

I love the stories of were-wolf transformations during the full moon. And little green men and defiant women, like the Chinese moon goddess Heng O, symbol of the cold and dark yin, who defied her husband, stole half of his mortality elixer and fled to the moon.

Okay, it's damn near 12 o'clock and I'm writing about gravitational pulls and full moons. I definitely had too much coffee with the girls. Or did I?

Muwahahahahahahaha

6 comments:

Beatriz said...

Becky, the sock yarn I gave you is called Monarch sock yarn:
http://www.angoravalley.com/yarns/happytrails.html

Remind me tonight and I will give the label to you. I finally found it!

Becky said...

I do love a good pun.

I received my DVD's yesterday of seasons 1 and 2 of Dead Like Me.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky! I love the full moon too. It looked great in Portland and flying home Weds. night, David and I could see it out of the plane window! I've never seen it looking straight at it before, I'm always looking up. I've missed a few ktog nights and miss seeing you all. Sorry about your sweater. I'm sure you are done by now though! See you soon, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I want a tiarra like Heng O to wear whenever there's a full moon. People will know to fear me and back away. Those goddesses get all the good stuff.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign that. That would be Sandy-goddess of all things technical. How can I expect to be a goddess when I can't remeber my name. I could write it inside my tiarra then check when no one is looking but knowing me I'd say "hmmm does anyone know a Sandy? She's missing her tiarra. Poor thing".

Becky said...

Sandy, you are a jewel and you deserve a tiara.

So sayeth, I godess of yarn and all that is good.