Friday, May 11, 2007

I Think My Sweater is Possessed


As you can see, I'm just at the point on my sweater where we left off when I had to rip it back a ways. And now I can't find my freakin book! I have looked everywhere!

And this morning when I went to take a photo to post my progress my computer wouldn't open my scandisc stating the disc was full when I plugged it in. So I had to go to My Computer and find my removable thingamagig and find the picture and open it and save it my desktop because my photo program (Picassa) wouldn't open it.

Does any one see a pattern here? It's fucking mocking me.

And ironically, I had a dream about blogging last night. I had a dream about some indigenous people that lived off the earth and they had three black cats that helped them hunt and in my dream I posted about them on my blog, but failed to provide a link, and eveyone thought I made them up. What the fuck?

And am I getting paranoid or has anyone beside me noticed that we never get the same waiter/waitress at Mimi's twice? Do they have to draw straws? Do they hire a new person just to serve us on Thursdays? And what is up with that strange man who comes to our table every freakin Thursday? Quite frankly, he freaks me out.

So, back to my sweater. I wasn't going to start anything until I finished this sweater. Next on my list is the Cult Classic Central Park Hoodie and a baby blanket for one of my guys at work who is going to have is first child. And now I'm at a stand still. Do I break down and buy the book again knowing I will find it as soon as I bring it into the house? Do I start something else and risk forgetting where I left off and completely screwing this sweater up? (not that I can't all on my own, mind you.) Am I posting extraneous bullshit in hopes that the cat box will clean itself?

Stay tuned.

12 comments:

Laura said...

you know what! I WARNED YOU! that guy creeped me out to begin with but noooooooooooo! you insisted he was just "being nice".


it's all a plan -- they're poisoning us slowly.. but surely.

besides, moustaches are kind of a hit or miss kinda thing.. they're either fucking outrageously creepster, or super cute and hot (but still has some mysterious creepy tendencies).

Anonymous said...

LOL, ok, Laura makes me laugh...

Becky, which book is your sweater pattern in? What's the sweater name? I might have it. You know we knit the same items...

Anonymous said...

oops, that last statement from me. I just got off the treadmill and I'm still in shock (mild stroke) so I forgot to post my name...

Anonymous said...

oh, just noticed your posted 'book' (the stroke must be progressing to heart attack!). Sorry I don't have it. Hope you find it...

Ronikins said...

I'm just now discovering knit monogamy is overrated. Just start something else! It feels gooood!

Becky said...

I went to start something else and when I moved my basket of yarn to use the winder, guess what I found?

I finished the front and tomorrow I start the sleeves.

Cheryl said...

You guys are having waaaaay too much fun while I am out in Motorcity. Btw, I have yet to sew the cobalt blue sweater pieces together...the one that has complicated cable stitches. Anyone know how to virtual kit/sew out there?

Cheryl said...

Your sweater is looking great btw! If you couldn't find your book, I could have lent you mine. Have almost all of Lavold pattern books at this time. An addiction within the addition.

Anonymous said...

You're starting to sound like an episode of Seinfield.

And who's the guy at work having his first kid?

Becky said...

What does that mean, I sound like a Seinfeld episode?

In-bred Jed. His wife is having a baby. I hope she had a deep end in her gene pool.

If you came to work once in awhile you would know these things.

Anonymous said...

What's up with not having the same waitress at Mimi's or what's up with the weird guy?

That just sounds like Jerry himself.

And your comment about "posting extraneous bullshit" is basically what Seinfeld was about, that is "absolutely nothing"

Anywaze, in-bred Jed? I thought that was Shawn, but now I'm confused.

Becky said...

Jed and Shawn are one and the same.

Every week after knit night we go to Mimi's and we NEVER get the same waiter and we are NOT that difficult.