Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Say It Loud I Knit and I'm Proud

June 9th is is World Wide Knit in Public Day so I have a suggestion.

After reading and hearing about the horror stories of women who are denied the right to knit FOR A WHOLE DAY in courthouses across the nation, (which I believe falls under Cruel and Unusual Punishment) this travesty cannot continue, ladies. I could take somebody out with "War and Peace" (hardback, of course) for crying out loud, and they're worried about knitters?

I say we pack a picnic lunch, bring a blanket and chairs and knit in front of the Government Center in Ventura.

We could bring signs, like "don't unravel our rights" or something along those lines. Get T-shirts made for our first annual "knit-in". (It is actually the second annual knit in public day)

Allright knitster sisters, whose with me?

3 comments:

Laura said...

damn that sounds fun... i'm so sad i won't be here.

Becky said...

Where will you be?

Laura said...

portland, doing LAME schooling