Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Abstract Rantings

I came home tonight after spending a great evening with the knitster sisters to a quiet house. The girls and I had great laughs, the food was okay, the waiter was cute and I joked about the funny things I would put on my blog tonight.

This wasn't on the list and if you're expecting funny, look away. This is extremely "depressing", for lack of a better word. I don't even know what to call it.

Like I said, I came home to a quiet house. John and Hank were in bed so I turned off the television and decided to go through the bills. Among the bills, and other extraneous crap that is deliverd to my house, I noticed a small, but soon to be powerful envelope. One which I hesitated to open upon reading the return address. It was from my sister and my brother-in-law.

Their lives have been forever altered in such a manner that I still cannot even fathom. To say I cannot wrap my fucking brain around it would be an understatement. Bill's daughter, Rebecca, was murdered about a month ago by a man. Her cowardly husband, who was soon to be an ex, did the plotting, while some other slime-of-the earth carried out the deed. They will remain nameless, because evil deserves no fucking recognition and may they all ROT IN HELL!


I don't even feel right writing about this, but when I opened that envelope fully expecting to see the words "thank you" but instead I gazed upon her face I felt like I had been punched in the stomach. I don't know what it is I am experiencing, but the intense expression on her face, the sadness in her eyes, the manner in which she holds her head is haunting me.


5 comments:

Becky said...

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Becky...

Anonymous said...

I am soo sorry for the loss of this most beautiful young lady. That kind of evil needs to purged from our world. My love, hugs, and prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That sure makes my problems seem pale in comparison. :(

Patricia ATP said...

My heart goes out to you and your family for this tragic loss...that sounds so sterile, yet truly, I wish your family peace. Hugs to everyone!!