Monday, May 22, 2006

Okay so my boss tells me I should have a blog. Why I listen to him I have no idea. Apparently I am easily persuaded. But I think my boss is psychic. And here's why..

I get home, thoroughly prepared, mind you, to start right in on my rantings. But not quite sure what to write about. I had in mind an opening somewhere along the lines of "I stand before you naked. Exposed, like a mothere with child. Belly split wide open for all the world to see her dead fetus." Like Doogie Howser with an edge. And then talk about my horse Bubba. The greatest therapist in the world. Anyway, so I come home all prepared and there is a package on my doorstep. And I open it up and it is from my friend Elmo (who is presently serving 15 years to life in a CA state Prison). Thank you Don Pardo. Now would you shut up so I can tell the story?

So, I'm poking through this box trying to figure out whether it is for me or did I miss a memo and the gods have appointed me to be in charge of lost and found? Because shit like that happens to me all the time, I swear. But more about me later. Anyway, I'm sitting in my office poking through a prisoners belongings (which, by the way, I DO NOT recommend) and it's a bunch of shit on writing. Can you cuss in here? Because to be honest I have no idea what I agreed to when I pressed the accept button. One of the books is titled "Jump Write In", by Judith Tannenbaum who is also a friend of mine and she also wrote another book titled, "Disguised as a Poem" and Elmo is in it. See how this all keeps coming back to him?

So now I have to rethink this whole writing theme scenario. I thought I was going to write about knitting and horseback riding, for crying out loud. But reading the likes of "In The Matter of the Life Term Parole Consideration Hearing of blah blah blah" I have to admit, it's a little sobering. And now my life seems a bit dull...

Now I don't know what to write about.


Words, you stand before me now.
Defiant like a restless youth.
That cannot be erased.

So anyway, like I said before, this was my bosses idea. So if you don't like it, I suggest you take it up with management. But I hope you do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your nucking futs mom.

love you,
-sean