Friday, October 06, 2006

Shine on, Shine on Harvest Moon


Tonight is the Harvest moon. The first full moon nearest the autumnal equinox.

So, put your Tarot cards on the window sill so they can absorb the moon rays.




And, tonight's full moon is almost 12 percent bigger because it is near perigee, the point on it's oblong orbit that is closest to the earth. Or maybe it's just bloated.

The Harvest Moon in October only happens every 3 years.

Did you know that moonlight steals color?

Luna, the wife of Zeus, was the mother of 50 children. Well, hell yeah, she was a freaking lunatic. I have four and look at me. Sitting on the computer, ranting about the moon on a Friday night.

Oooo and next Friday is the 13th. I can't wait.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

The moon here is huge and amazing. Now I know why.

This place would be beautiful if it weren't for the base.

Anonymous said...

Does moonlight steal yarn because I can't find one of my skeins of Koigu.

Becky said...

No, that was me :-)