Wednesday, October 11, 2006

That's Life In The City


Well the city was out this morning bright and early and ground the crack on the sidewalk. Personally I can think of better things to do with crack, but I digress. So they wake up my neighbor (who is not a morning person, I might add)and now she wants me to write her a letter to the city because they woke her up.

She witnessed two city trucks, six city employees (and someone barking orders over a walkie talkie) to grind a crack.

Apparently this is the city's idea of fixing the sidewalk.

What a fucking joke.

But John came through on the ladscaping. But it looks like the city gave it a bit of a powerwash to show me whose boss. "That should shut her up", the city worker smirked.




Don't fuck with me motherfucker
Because I put the mother in MOTHERFUCKER**


You can kiss my left lip.

**I'm not really sure, technically, what that means, but I sure like saying it and I feel much better now. Really, I'm doing much better now.

The folks at the home are going to let me weave a basket today.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Where were you tonight?

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree when it comes to a comedy of errors from one municipality to anther. Case in point:
Last spring the city of Minneapolis tagged my property saying that the three trees next to the gagage in the alley were in violation of being to tall (?) If thay wern't trimmed asap the city would do it and put a lein on my property for the cost of them doing the job. 'No biggie' I thought to myself. Since my dad was visiting at the time we got a chain saw and trimmed the trees to the exact specifications required by the city and that was that. It took us a few hours. You can imagine my suprise when four months later I recieved a lein notification for $980.00 and a nasty letter from a city inspecter (who by the way calls himself 'War') along with photos of five city workers, three city trucks and some sort of power-tree-cutting thingie trimming trees and, that was HIS proof that work was indeed done at my property...except...the house in the photos was not my house :) Guess what; no more lein. Do you think thay are all related?

Becky said...

I think brain dead is definitely a requirement for these people.

And no one spends more time volunteering to beautify our street than John. I told him to find Mr. Daily and complain.

Anonymous said...

I can't write aything because I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Iwill march on any cityhall any day with yoou.