Monday, September 04, 2006

Just Another Day

So today my son Roger tells me he is moving to Texas. He asked if he could come and borrow my computer. I believe they have computers in the valley now, but apparently not fried chicken. So, since Roger was coming up from the valley (and I had now volunteered to make fried chicken since he was moving) he called his brother Sean who in turn invites his roommates.

Luckily I made enough fried chicken, milk gravy, corn, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, salsa and chips, and lava cake to go around because my boys like to eat and you never know who they will bring along. Which is fine with me because I feel it is good karma to feed these young military people because my son is fortunate to be stationed near his family, but if he were away I would want the same treatment for him, less the following scenario:

The roommate played with the dogs and the wife looked at books with the boys and then they all ate. I was occupied with my knitting while John was watching tv in the other room when the roommate played with the dogs again and this time he was tossing something to the dogs and while he tossed this something I realized with utter horror it was a pair of my panties! He didn't realize what he threw until he saw Hank and Blue playing tug-o-war with them. Naturally, Hank won and then proceeded to prance around the yard with them like a victory flag.

After the uncomfortable pause I offered to pay for his therapy.

I must have seriously fucked up in a previous lifetime.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That's an awesome story! Those boys like those kinds of things. Believe me.

Becky said...

Oh, I know and it cracks me up. Joe (Sean's Roommate) is already comparing stories with Sean's old roommate.

I was telling Sean about your ordeal and he said to make sure you do Yellow light, Red light. I asked what that meant and he said he couldn't tell me or he'd have to kill me.