Friday, June 16, 2006

If we are truly a Christian nation why the hubbub about immigration?

The Bible says “when a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not wrong him. The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as one of your citizens; you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.”

Okay so if you believe in God, I think that’s pretty self explanatory. They are the same as us and should be treated the same while in our land. If they break our laws they get punished and if they mind their own business they should be left alone.

The Christian right says it has other issues at the moment, such as the battle against same-sex marriage. Yeah, that’s important.

The Bible says in Leviticus 18:22,”Do not lie with a male as one lies with a woman: it is an abhorrence.” Which means it is loathsome. It doesn’t’ say it is punishable by damnation and it doesn’t say they can’t get married. Which in itself can be a living hell, so I say let them suffer like the rest of us.

And strangely no mention of a woman lying with another woman which proves that even God likes to watch. What a dude!

Okay somehow I got off the subject. But I didn't say that word once!

Next up, Job and God's addiction to gambling.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I think some people loose sight of the fact that men and women with brown skin who don't speak the best English are still people.

I also know, from working with more than my fair share of illegals, that they risk a tremendous amount, and show strong initiative, to get here. And if you ask me, that's just the sort of person I want as a neighbor.

Becky said...

Heather, what does that mean "is dead"?